Join the Avenue Commercial Team
For over 20 years, Avenue Commercial has been a well respected leader in our industry. Our award winning team is dedicated to providing the very best service available. The number one reason for our success is simple – our people! We put a lot of time in training and developing our team members to ensure they have the winning combination to keep our company growing. Looking for an exciting career in Commercial Real Estate? We have current openings listed below, or you are welcome to contact us and we can discuss finding something for the right people!
EXPERIENCED PROPERTY MANAGER – CALGARY
Avenue Commercial has an exciting opening in our Calgary location for an experienced Property Manager.
University Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Real Estate or a combination of education and 3-5 years practical experience in real estate management and leasing specifically dealing with office, retail, industrial properties or with commercial and residential condominiums or residential apartments and housing. Holding any of the following professional designations, CPM®, RPA® or working toward such would be an asset. An Alberta Real Estate Associate license (Property Management) is a prerequisite to be eligible for this position as is a clean driver’s abstract and dependable transportation.
- Reports directly to the Vice President of Real Estate
- Responsible to manage a portfolio of mixed use properties in the Calgary area as assigned from time to time – this may include office, retail, industrial properties as well as commercial or residential condominium properties or residential properties
- Manage subordinate administrative and building operational staff
- Create and maintain at all times, positive business relationships with owners, clients, tenants, suppliers and service providers
- Analyze costs and prepare annual income, expense and minor/major capital budgets for each property and obtain Owner approval
- Prepare and submit monthly property management reports on a timely basis, for senior management and owner review and approval
- Manage income and expenses for each property
- Develop, implement and manage cost effective and efficient operational procedures for each property
- Manage all minor and major capital projects
- Provide assistance, create and foster a “Team Environment” when working with accounting, administration, leasing, building operations and contract staff
- Negotiate and maintain all service contracts, ensuring the highest level of service and quality of work
- Create Health and Safety programs for each property and monitor effectiveness
- Identify problems and propose/implement solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Attend and oversee meetings with staff, tenants and contractors when necessary
- Attend after-hours condo board meetings when necessary
- Travel between properties will be necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time
- Proficient and effective communicator in English, both orally and written
- Can work independent of close supervision
- Creative and effective problem solver
- Client-centric focused at all times
- Able to negotiate “win-win” situations with multiple state-holders
- Effective project management skills
- Effective multi-tasker
- Team player
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Avenue Commercial is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank everyone for their interest but only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
ASSOCIATE – CALGARY
Job Description & Development: Avenue Commercial has an opening for an experienced and educated Associate in our Calgary office. Commercial real estate agents assist clients in selling and leasing commercial properties. A career in commercial real estate incorporates appraisal, finance and land development. As an Associate here at Avenue Commercial, you will report directly to the both the Senior Associate and the President.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Able to work independently as well as part of a Team
- Must be comfortable meeting new people and skilled in social aspects
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Must be professional in all regards consistent with representing the interests of a global firm and clients
- Must possess excellent presentation skills and capability
- Must be highly driven to complete new business developments tasks
- Sales oriented focus; understanding of selling professional services
- Minimum of 3-years industry experience as a Commercial Associate
- Must be licensed in Alberta to trade in Commercial Real Estate
Here at Avenue Commercial, we have dedicated support staff to ensure your success including in-house Financial Services, Mortgage Broker Services, Marketing Department, Legal Services as well as Property Management. Join a winning team!
Job Type: Full-time